This comes from a friend of mine…
“I read recently in the Quran where God describes the muttaqeen:
PICKTHAL: And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil);
PICKTHAL: Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind; Allah loveth the good;
PICKTHAL: And those who, when they do an evil thing or wrong themselves, remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins – Who forgiveth sins save Allah only? – and will not knowingly repeat (the wrong) they did.
PICKTHAL: The reward of such will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever – a bountiful reward for workers!
But not having the memory I once had, due to frying my brain daily in front of a VDU, I thought of words to summarise the ayahs. Here they are, please have them tattooed on the inside of your eyelids:
I thought if I can try to act on these daily then maybe I can too be counted among those being referred to.
- Generous in giving money or other help to the needy.
- Mild or tolerant in judging others; lenient.
- Of, for, or concerned with charity: a charitable organization.
- Serenely self-possessed; calm.
- Inclined to be lenient or merciful.
- Mild: clement weather.
- Feeling regret and sorrow for one’s sins or offenses; penitent.
- Arising from or expressing contrition: contrite words.